Life and work are interdependent; work is a part of our life. Our health, relationships,
wellbeing, lifestyle, adaptability, etc. – all of it influences our performance at work. Hence
the focus must be on bringing in the harmony in all aspects of our life, so that we can be at peace.
1) SELF CARE: You are of utmost priority. Acknowledge your feelings.
• Focus on healthy eating habits.
• Get good sleep
• Positive self-talk
2) MANAGING YOUR TIME: It is making optimal use of your day. What you do the best, and when you can do the best.
• Break larger tasks to smaller ones
• To-do list/Scheduling
• Set realistic deadlines
3) COPING WITH STRESS: Be calm and composed, and chart ways of working out of pressure situations.
• Make time for yourself
• Short vacation
• Journal your thoughts
• Voluntary services
• Listen to your favourite music
4) ADAPTING TO CHANGES: Make efforts to cope with the fast-paced changes at work and home.
• Be optimistic, flexible
• Seek support
• Master new skills
• See change as a fresh start
5) TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT: Ensure that technology serves you, rather than abuses you.
• Turn off your cell phone when you want to spend uninterrupted time with loved ones.
• Schedule a time during daytime to respond to your emails and text messages.
• Schedule a regular gadget-free time for yourself.
6) LEISURE TIME: Rest and relaxation is a vital component of life.
• Engage in activities you love; like gardening, painting, singing, dancing, reading, walking, spending quality time with loved ones.
Interested in the LeanonMe app? Download it here.
AUTHOR: Prathima, Associate Counsellor